Blaylock Robert Van, LLC (“BRV”) is a full service, minority-owned investment banking and financial services company which was formed when Blaylock & Co., an investment bank founded in 1993 by Ron Blaylock, and Robert Van Securities, a financial services firm founded in 1991 by Eric Van Standifer, merged in 2007. The combined firm provides corporate debt and equity underwriting, research, sales and trading, and municipal finance services to a blue chip client roster consisting of America’s largest and most innovative corporations, financial institutions, municipalities and high net worth clients.
With offices across the United States and strategic partners overseas, BRV provides clients with personalized and technologically advanced capabilities which are highly valued by our long standing clients.
An integral part of Blaylock Robert Van’s growth strategy is to expand internationally into the Caribbean basin in the wake of the departures of Global investment banks during the recent financial crisis and as a result of industry consolidation. BRV has chosen to strategically align with its minority partner Capital and Credit Financial Group of Jamaica to provide investment banking services in this region.
Our combined services platform now includes:
- Capital Markets: Banking and new issue distribution capabilities excelling in lead-managed debt transactions, raising more than $28 billion in equity issues in 2010
- Fixed Income Trading: Trading team sold more than $67 billion of U.S. Treasury and Agency securities in 2010
- Share Buyback: Structured buyback funding solutions and cash execution track record which rivals our bulge-bracket competitors
- Equity Research: Innovative quantitative discipline (ELROI-The Electronic Analyst®) delivered electronically to the desktop
- Electronic Equity Trading: Domestic and International execution and settlement
- Municipal Bond origination, underwriting, trading and new-issue distribution, raising $51 billion in 2010
- Asset Management: An affiliate, SPI Strategies, achieving stellar returns in both large and small cap portfolios using
quantitative ELROI discipline